Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Things Kids Say

Recently we worked on a song in Primary called, "I Want to be a Missionary Now." If you don't know, the first of the song goes:
I want to be a missionary now.
I don't want to wait until I'm grown.
Well, Carlyn and I were singing it and got messed up on the 2nd verse. Then she started singing:
I want to have a baby of my own.
I don't want to wait until I'm grown.

Pause...
I busted up and tried to explain to her that 4 years old was too young to have a baby and she should wait 20 years. :) She still said she didn't want to wait, but said that if that was Heavenly Father's plan then she would wait.

Yesterday Anneliese kept falling down and came running in saying "I have blood. I have blood." So I lifted her up on my lap and looked at it. I must have touched it too because she said, "Don't touch my blood. Only I touch my blood." I don't know why, but that cracked me up! So cute.

Just so I don't leave Darren out, his latest "trick" is chucking food when he's done with it. As if he didn't make enough mess eating already. Its a good thing he's cute!

4 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Oh, it's so hard to hear them make grown up statements. The other day, Kanoa said to us, "Well, when I'm married me & my wife will let our kids listen to whatever they want in the car!"
(sigh...)

Debbie said...

My boy does the same thing with his food. I don't remember my girls throwing things, but my little boy throws everything! It is a good thing they are cute!

Jen said...

Kids do and say the cutedt things! I need to be better at writing them down and sharing them. What cute stories.

Squirefam said...

Thanks for the cute stories. I love that you remember things like that. When I sit down at the computer, I can't remember anything fun to share.