Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The End of an Era

We are coming to the end of an era in our family. 3 years ago we worked hard to open Rick's store, Rick "The Computer Guy." It took a lot of work and time, but I was very proud of my husband and his efforts. With much sadness I announce that we are closing the store. It just isn't paying for itself. It is closing but not for lack of trying. I've never known anyone who worked harder than Rick. We've had a lot of ups and downs. It seems like we just never could catch that break that would make it easier. I'd like to go on a rant about employees, market conditions, stupid people who don't think they need to pay, and cheap people who only buy crap, but that won't help anything.


I think back on 3 years ago and my brother Mathew was just home from his mission. He lived with us and helped a ton with the store. Carlyn was almost 2. Anneliese was a little baby. Rick was gone so much during those first months that Annie wouldn't even go to him. Darren wasn't even thought of. We've been through a lot since then. We've struggled a lot, but we've struggled together. I'm not complaining, though I have plenty. It was a fun thing to watch Rick work. I loved that he operated a store with integrity and sold quality computers. I didn't always love the long hours, but he was passionate about what he did and I couldn't fight that.

So, he's going to keep consulting like he was before and he's looking for a job. He's got a couple of good prospects. Thanks again to my parents for all the money, time, and advice they've helped with. Thanks to our family, neighbors, and friends who have supported the store and our family in many ways. Thanks to the employees who worked hard. Thanks to our great customers who appreciated the work he put in. Thanks, Rick for being my man and working so hard. I love you and appreciate you.

5 comments:

Debbie said...

I'm sorry to hear about your store. You are in my thoughts. Good luck with everything and keep us posted on what happens from here.

The Wessman Family said...

I'm sorry also to hear that, but we are happy to hear that there are some good prospects and hope all goes well!

Katie said...

Bummer! He really does a great job. His effort really goes above and beyond. It's good to have options - I hope it works out!

Anne-Marie said...

I was sad to read this post, because I remember visiting you on several occasions when you guys were setting it up. But, I also know first hand how difficult it can be to keep a business profitable, so I hope he gets a good job & keeps up with the consulting.

Squirefam said...

We are hoping the silver lining to this is some wonderful opportunities. Thanks for being examples of hard workers!