Thursday, September 4, 2008

All Grown Up (She Thinks)

This is my little Carlyn. Well, she's my oldest, but still little. Even if she doesn't think so. She started a free computer class, preschool, and dance class yesterday. She goes M W F to the computer class and preschool and Wed to dance. She has just enough break to eat lunch before preschool. Doesn't she look big? She was excited, but I think I was more excited. I couldn't sleep the night before. We got up and ready and were actually ready about 20 minutes early. If you know me, you know that's a big deal. Isn't she cute?
She picked out her clothes and everything. I thought she'd have a hairdo in mind, but she let me pick.
This is her teacher, Miss Jani. She's in our neighborhood and I hear she's great. Carlyn sure had a great day, but couldn't think of much to tell us afterward.

Last week, I fell down the stairs. Duh, huh? Unfortunately it wasn't the first time. The point is, my back hurt, but what really hurt was my neck. I slept with a neck brace or my neck hurt so bad I wanted to cry. I wore it during the day a little, but I usually could remember to hold it still. I took it off and Rick put it around Darren's waist. Rick thought it was hilarious that Darren looked like a sumo wrestler. Labor Day weekend we cleaned out the garage, took a huge load to the dump, and worked on cleaning out Rick's store a little. The rain put a damper on that (oh, darn) on Monday morning and we didn't get a lot done. Then we met my family that is in Utah at Chuck-a-Rama in Provo for an early dinner and then went to see Kung Fu Panda. The kids loved it but Darren wasn't the greatest so Rick and I tag teamed it and only saw half of it again. This picture was afterward in the car while we waited for Daddy. I got a really cute picture on my phone, but can't get to it right now. We did have a lot of fun.

3 comments:

Sam and Emily Grindstaff said...

It is fun when our kids start things, it is hardest on the parent. Charlotte is so excited to start preschool. I tried to find her a dance class but can't find one near us.

Katie said...

Cute picture of Carlyn. I can't believe our baby girls are growing up! Sorry to hear about your back. Darren does look like a baby sumo in the brace - funny! I can't believe how much he has changed since we saw him.

Anne-Marie said...

Oh, Carlyn looks so mature in that picture! Your kids are so darling, Bonnie.