Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Don't Eat Pete! and a Friend's Blog You Should See

My friend Jill is teaching a parenting class in our ward. Honestly, this is my 3rd time in this class and I still love it. The first time they taught it I didn't have any kids, but sat in the classes anyway. They taught it again a couple years ago and Rick and I both went, but now that our kids are a little older we're experiencing more fights, sassing, fits, etc. so we thought we could benefit from a reminder. She's an educator and has some really interesting things that she has shared with us. She has put some things from the first lesson on a blog and asked me to spread the word. The reason I got to be the lucky one is because I was going to put a post up about a game called "Don't Eat Pete!" Well I talked to her about it and she said she just made a blog and put it on there. Her blog is http://yourkidsuccess.blogspot.com/ and she will be adding to it periodically. Go check it out and play the game. Your kids will LOVE it! Mine have asked to play it everyday for a week. Maybe it will get old and then we'll just use it for FHE sometimes, but it hasn't yet.

3 comments:

Sam and Emily Grindstaff said...

thanks Bon, I can always use new tips. We played a similar game with the picture that has all of the pictures of the prophets. You guess until you pick the right one. We have also used the pictures from the ensign.

crystal said...

That looks fun. I am sure the boys will LOVE it! Thanks for sharing!

Anne-Marie said...

Remember Jill Weight's parenting class (didn't you guys go?) We got "Don't Eat Pete" from her & yes, the boys love it! We hid it for a year, though-it did get a little old.