Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Votes are in

Thanks for voting on my poll. Sorry to the 2 of you who didn't really like it. It doesn't actually hurt my feelings, but I do like it, so it is staying. However, Rick and I are working on making a cute header as the current one is blah.

Since that seems like a very short post, I'll tell a story that Anneliese told us. We had just finished a FHE about prayer and Annie started telling a very animated story about a big bear monster. It isn't the same without her cute little voice, facial expressions, inflections in her voice, and her body language, but it went something like this, "I was outside on the swingset and there was a bug bear monster. Yeah! And it was huge and it had 4 arms with really long fingernails! Yes! Ooh, it was so scary and it climbed on my legs and was gonna get me so I runned away. I runned away and it followed me but I was really fast. Then...it jumped up there (on something outside) and it was gonna jump. It was gonna jump on me and get me! Gasp! It was really big and it was a big bear monster and had 6 legs, oh yeah, and they were all long and scary and had long fingernails. I had to run away but it jumped onto me when I was on the swingset and I runned away. Then I hid. I hid in there. It couldn't get me because it was a big scary bear monster but it was looking and looking.

Well, you get the point. It finally ended when Rick said it wasn't ever going to end and she said, "Yeah, it climbed up on the garage and then it jumped and died, but then it got up again and it fell and it was dead." It had to have been 20 minutes long and was hilarious to watch. She's pretty shy around other people, but apparently she's out future storyteller.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I didn't get a chance to vote, but I do like your background. You can't go wrong with Polka dots :)

Anne-Marie said...

Funny! I just read your comment about Jill's blog. Guess I could have followed the link (lazy). I didn't get much sleep last night, can you tell?