Sunday, October 19, 2008

Crazy kids, Crazy weekend

We've had a little sickness at our house this past week or so. Mostly runny noses leading to coughs, but a few days ago I got a little concerned because Darren and Annie stopped eating solid food and weren't sleeping very well either. D, it turns out, had an ear infection :( and Annie just had a bug which led to a sore throat. So antibiotic for D but not A. Anyway, they were already feeling a lot better by Friday. Rick had a pretty bad cold including a cough, but he's feeling much better now too. Then this morning when Annie went potty she screamed and said it hurt. She couldn't actually go either. Then it happened a little while later again. So, since Rick wasn't feeling well anyway, he took Annie to the instacare during church and sure enough, she has a UTI. Poor kid. So now she's on antibiotics too! Luckily Carlyn has been fine and I hope it stays that way.
Onto happier things. Somehow this picture got left off my last post. Annie chose a pumpkin that is the perfect size for Darren (he thinks.) He tries to pick it up and carry it around any time we go outside. Here he is just hugging it. So cute.
The girls were invited to a Princess birthday party for our friend's daughter, Jensyn. This is Carlyn's Cinderella hair. I made a high ponytail and pinned her hair up but it didn't look complete without the blue ribbon. Her hair is so fine and limp that it didn't last long, but it looked so pretty at first. Gold sparkle spray and all.
This is her in her Cinderella dress. Nice expression, Linney. They begged for a little makeup, which I allowed and Carlyn was totally upset that she didn't have matching Cinderella shoes too. What is a girl to do?

I went to a baby shower for my cousin at the same time, so Rick took pictures. Annie apparently was throwing a huge fit when it was time to leave and he didn't get a picture of her except the back of her head. Oh well. She made a darn cute Snow White. I love my little princesses.

6 comments:

The Wessman Family said...

She looks so pretty. I admire your hair doing skills. I still haven't been brave enough with Abby. She's pretty wiggly.

Hope you guys feel better soon...

jbow said...

Hi I think the sight you want is photoscape. good luck! Carlyn you look so cute!!

Scullerina said...

Hi there, Amy R. Here. I just found your blog and enjoy reading your updates.
I've been out of town for 2 Sundays.....I hope Carlyn didn't have to sit alone :)

Anne-Marie said...

Sorry about the sick kids...Carlyn looks so pretty! What a princess.

Katie said...

Cute hairdo. Her dress is adorable. Love the bargain finds! How did you do the sparkle spray?

The Montgomery's said...

She looked beautiful in her dress and fancy hair do! D looks like he loves his pumpkin!