Wednesday, October 22, 2008

What Am I Going To Do With Her?

Okay, so I know I have an ugly couch. I'm okay with that with little kids, but still, I try to take care of it. So, when Carlyn started yelling at Annie that I was going to be mad, I was worried. She had taken a crayon to the couch! A green crayon. The little stink has taken a crayon to almost every surface in my house! I have tried taking the crayons away and just getting them out when I'm there supervising. I had taken them out and the girls were happily coloring in books. Darren was asleep, so I decided to check my email. So when my back was turned this happened. I took her to her "father" (that means she's in big trouble) and luckily he kept his calm and pulled out my "little green." Most of it came out, but it has a green tint now. Thanks Katie for letting me vent to you! Grandma Linda & Maureen were the stars of the show Monday when they brought pumpkins. Each just the right size for each kid. They didn't want to come in or stop playing with them.
Funny story: Whenever Mommy says no, the kids go to Daddy. Luckily, he usually says the same thing I said and then says, "Mommy and I are a team." Carlyn has often told us she didn't like that we are a team because she really wants that candy, movie, etc. The other day, Rick and I were in a heated discussion. Okay, it was a fight. You never fight, right? Anyway, we weren't ready to change our minds anytime soon. Then Carlyn comes in with her hands over her ears screaming, "Stop fighting. You are a team. You are a team!" I thought it was pretty funny and it really did help us to see that we were being stubborn and we should act like a team.

5 comments:

crystal said...

I love your story! Kids are so smart!

PS That's funny that you picture Merrill like that picture. I totally know what you mean!

L said...

Ahhh! I am so sorry about the crayon. I hate those times! I am glad Rick was there to help so no one was thrown out the window:) I love the "team" story though. Way too cute!

Debbie said...

Ivy drew on our carpet and kitchen chairs with a green crayon about a month ago. (what is it with green?) I was livid! Scotlyn being the great big sister that she is, made a mixture of hand soap and water it all came out. I was pretty amazed.
We should get together again before the end of the year. Maybe you could come up here next time, and then we can switch off every other time, what do you think? I would love it and my kids would too!

Scullerina said...

It si fun to connect in blog-land. Sure, I don't care if you put a link to my blog on your blog, I'll do the same. Sadly I tend to neglect my blog often so it sits stagnant a lot but once in a while I have something worth posting.

Anne-Marie said...

Fight? Hank and I never fight! (ha)