Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election

I'm not trying to offend anyone, but this is my blog and my opinion. Don't read it if you don't want to. :)

First I want to say that I voted, so I feel totally justified in voicing my opinion. What is the saying about not having a voice if you don't vote? I'm so very upset tonight about the way this election has ended up. I can't believe that our country voted for a person who doesn't believe in the constitution. I know that many people, good people, voted for him, but all I think of when I see him is a man who doesn't understand what it means to be an American and the ideals of our founding fathers. I see a man who thinks that everyone should agree with him or be squashed. Maybe I'm naive, but I can't see why so many people believe in him. I know so many people are anti-Bush, and they see McCain as too similar. I know that many people are anti-war. I just think too many people thought it was the cool thing to do and did it. I'm not talking about the people that studied and voted because they agreed with him, I'm talking about the people who didn't know what they voted for and I'm afraid we're going to see some scary things come to pass because of the results of this election. America is the greatest nation, but I'm sad it ended up like this. McCain was quoted as saying, "Let there be no reason for any American to fail to cherish their citizenship in this, the greatest nation on Earth.” I still value my citizenship, but I worry what that will mean.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Amen Bonny! I too am worried about what may happen. Mike and I were talking about it and I asked him why he wasn't upset (like me), and he said that maybe this is what the country needs right now. I don't know, but I am worried that everything is going to become socialized now. We will see how the next four years end up, but I think your right about why people voted for him.

Susy said...

I dont know you but I understand you being upset about Barack Obama, However we needed a change. My husband is a Republican and sociologist also we are LDS and he really read all of everything that he felt needed to be read about Barack and his politics and liked what he saw...Plus with the economic situation. I must say that It took a lot for him to listen to President Elect Obama but I am happy that I have a husband who is well read and open to new ideas that will help all of us.