Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Trunk or Treat, Halloween, & a Little Extra

Okay, I think I'll do this in chronological order. We dressed up the kids on the 25th and took them downtown to the Gallivan Plaza Block Party. Look at these cute kiddies. I loved how they looked. They were roasting in their long sleeved shirts, poor kids. It was a very warm day and Halloween was pretty warm too.
Carlyn choosing her pumpkin from the Block Party. They were out of decorations though, which worked out fine and we took the pumpkins home to decorate, which never happened. Oh well.All the kids at the Trunk or Treat. Darren really had a good time. He loves candy and his favorite in the world are suckers. Belinda was going around with him and had to keep him away from me or he cried for a sucker. So funny.
The next day was our Anniversary, as mentioned earlier. Carlyn took this picture of us that night. We sure look different than we did 8 years ago. (Look how long my hair has gotten.)
I took a picture of this one because I thought it was funny and creative of Carlyn and Annie to stick these tub toys to the tub wall, 1 in each square. There's D's head in the picture. He walked straight up, bent over and did a flip in the tub. After making sure he was fine, I took a picture while he was crying. Am I mean or what? I thought it was hilarious.
One morning I wasn't feeling well and I slept in because Darren did and I woke up to find this. They had made a bed for themselves, put in a movie, and got snacks. I LOVE it when they can take care of themselves like that. What cute & good girls!
We had FHE at a friend's house on Monday night and Rick put Annie in the car while he came to get Carlyn & Darren. She was complaining of being tired, so he just put her in and shut the door. I was talking in the kitchen for at least 15 minutes before I freaked out asking where Annie was. Then Rick said he put her in the van so we ran out and she was asleep, sweet little thing. She's good that way and will tell me when she's tired.
Here's my silly little Tinkerbell. Her hair was cute at the trunk or treat, but it was hard to do her hair in a ponytail, so I decided to do pigtails for Halloween. It was adorable and stayed much better. This picture makes me understand why my parents used to call me a little imp!
Here is D with cute whiskers on Halloween. He was such a doll that day and enjoyed very much being mobile and collecting was more candy than I'll let him eat. We noticed that our friends, whose kids are similar to ours in ages (theirs are spaced further apart and are also girl, girl, boy) had dressed their kids in similar costumes to our kids. So we had to get pictures. Here is Darren & Jake as a lion and tiger on Joel's lap. I love that grin.
Here is Joclyn and Anneliese as Tinkerbells. They wouldn't look at the camera at the same time and I couldn't get Annie to sit better. Here is Jensyn and Carlyn as Snow White and Cinderella. Two of the most beautiful princesses ever, I'd say. They've been friends since they were born. So cute!
We made to rounds to client's offices, grandma's houses, & friend's houses and had a great time including the kids playing in the leaves for a half hour at one house. Then we came back to our neighborhood where we enjoyed hotdogs & a little extra at a friend's house and then went trick-or-treating. Darren was done by the time we left our friend's house and Rick took him home to bed. I walked around the neighborhood with the girls for a long time and they would have kept going but Grandma Linda came over and went to a few final houses with them and brought them home. I was exhausted, but the kids didn't seem to be. Carlyn was a die hard trick-or-treater and I'm sure she would have kept going forever. Annie was awesome and only complained once when it was lightly raining on us, but she kept up with her big sister like a trooper. I don't have a picture of Carlyn on Halloween by herself, but it was the same costume as before.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Such cute pictures Bonny, your kids are adorable!

L said...

Oh, your kids were adorable! Love the costumes. Glad you had a fun halloween.

Happy (late) anniversary!!! We got married a month after you guys!