Sunday, November 23, 2008

This Weekend

I should have put all my posts in one, but I didn't realize I was going to do them all. Don't miss the others I did today. That said, I didn't really take pictures either.

Friday night we went to good old North Sanpete High School to see their annual musical, which was Suessical this year. My mom has helped for years but this year my older sister, Carisa, is the choir teacher, so she took over. She did the voice coaching and directed the orchestra. She was awesome. Her 4 girls were also in it and were so cute. The night we saw it Sharice was in the bird chorus, Jaycie was the little kangaroo (she's was Sharice's understudy and that cast was doing it that night), Aili & Evynn were Who's and were the Mayor's daughters and Evynn was the Elephant Bird at the end, if you've ever seen it before. It was very fun and even though it was a short trip we had fun.

Today in church Anneliese didn't want to be reverent during the Sacrament and I was telling her to think about Jesus then handed her a ABC reverent book and pointed to Jesus. She then said (none too quietly), "That's Jesus. I love Jesus," then she kissed the picture. "Jesus loves me." Then she kissed every picture of Jesus in the book and proceeded to the other pictures. Even though she wasn't very reverent, it was so cute and I couldn't really be mad. I love Jesus too and I would love to kiss him and tell him that. :)

A neighbor family does a Music Night occasionally and we went tonight. They invite you to join in, and for the most part it is children, but a few adults. The kids do as simple as sing "Yankee Doodle" or "ABC's" but it gives them experience in front of people. Last time we went Carlyn looked upset and when asked what was wrong she said, "I wanted to do something." She didn't know what she wanted to do though. So we went home and I pulled out my small selection of music and gave her some choices. She chose to learn "Reflections" from Mulan. I can't play it very well when I'm nervous, but it was really cute. She sang quietly and I know she knew it better than she let on, but for a 5 year old, I think she did really great. She didn't even seem nervous. I was shaking. I'm really proud of her.

2 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

What a sweet story! Your teaching your kids so well.

Katie said...

Tell Carlyn we are so proud of her for being brave and singing in front of a group. what a great experience. You're so good at teaching your kids to be brave and try things. :)