Sunday, November 16, 2008

Carlyn Birthday Party Pics

Okay, so I'm a slacker, due to morning sickness, because Carlyn's party was 2 weeks ago. I'm doing the best I can. I was a bad mom though and didn't take any pictures during the party, which I normally do, until the present opening. For her party, Carlyn wanted some friends to come for a Princess Tea Party. It was so fun. Thanks to my friend Alicia who helped me because I was really not feeling well that day and had already cleaned my messy house for the party. Anyway, we played Duck, Duck, Goose, Pin the Crown on the Princess, Musical Chairs, and had a little Dance Party (per Carlyn's request.) Then we had a fun little tea party (it kills me that I didn't take a picture) with a doily, plate, napkin and tea cup for everyone (the doilies were Carlyn's idea.) We had little cookies, pb&j sandwiches cut up into strips, tiny cupcakes and don't forget the pink lemonade. It was so cute and so fun! When we started to have the tea party some of the kids looked around nervously and said, "I don't drink tea." What cute kids! I said that was okay because it was lemonade and they felt much better. After the tea party we read a princess story and opened presents. We finished with a Disney Princess Sing Along movie.

Here is Princess Cinderella Carlyn ready for presents.

Here are the Princess sisters.

Carlyn's cousin gave her these vampire teeth. I just thought it looked funny.

Anneliese & her cousin Evynn were both Snow White.

After the friends party we had a family party. We had some pizza and cupcakes then opened presents. The only bummer about the day was that Rick was absent because he was working in our yard with a tractor to clear out the back yard (jungle) all day. I really missed him there, but he worked really hard and now we are ready for sprinklers and sod when we can afford them. We had a good turnout though. Grandma Hilton, Grandpa Hilton, Great Grandma Hilton, Parker, Maren, Mathew, Lindsay, Carisa, Sharice, Jaycie, Aili, Evynn, Grandma Linda, Maureen, Delenn, Belinda, & Josh. We missed everyone who couldn't be there but we had fun. The girls were really loving everyone, I thought, and Darren was a hoot.

The girls with Grandma Linda.

Carlyn and her birthday cupcake being held by Parker.

Sorry, baby D. This is what comes of having older sisters, but in my defense you put these on yourself but got frustrated trying to take the necklace off.

Rick does such a good job of decorating their room. It stayed up for a week and a half. She was asleep in her bed while he did this too :)

They make a big deal out of birthdays at preschool. This is from her computer class in the morning. Notice her new outfit. So cute, thanks grandma.
This is from her afternoon preschool. She was so excited to have Miss Jani give her her own cake. It was so cute. She got to take cupcakes to preschool for all her friends and she loved it.

Her birthday fell on a Wednesday, our busiest day of the week. So after her dance class we had lasagna, her favorite dish. We had some cake and gave her our present. She had requested a jewelry box and "real jewleries."

I had a hard time finding "real" jewelry that I thought appropriate for a 5 year old, but found these at wal-mart. In case you can't tell, they say "Angel" "Cutie" and "Princess" which suited her just perfectly. She's worn them almost everyday since.

This last picture I had to add because it is from Carlyn's favorite friend right now, Amy R., whom she sits with in Sacrament meeting and Carlyn just loves her. Thanks Amy for remembering Carlyn. It made her night.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

It looks like she had a great birthday. What a cute girl!

Anne-Marie said...

What a fun, girly party! I'm sure Carlyn had fun being the main Princess.