Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Daddy's motorcycle

One thing Rick really loves is riding a motorcycle. Its not my favorite thing, however and I really have to make myself be cool with it. I don't necessarily mind him riding, but I get a little nervous every time he takes my children for a ride. I got over that some a couple years ago when Carlyn was little and Rick grabbed my face and said, "Honey, you know that I love her more than anything. More than myself. I'm not going to let anything happen to her. I promise to be safe." I still know accidents happen, but it did make me understand his point of view. He didn't get it out at all last year because it needed a little work, but he pulled it out recently and its running and registered. Darren loves riding it, despite the picture. That was the first time sitting on it and the noise scared him. Annie & Carlyn aren't scared at all and love rides. He goes really slow and stays on our little street. The love honking the horn too. The other night Rick took me to a movie on the bike. We got back and all the neighborhood kids swarmed around on their bikes. It was so cute. Rick gave our kids and their cousins rides and they all were beaming afterwards. Its a fun thing, even though it makes me nervous.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Mike wants to get a motorcycle someday, especially now that gas is so high. It probably won't be for a few more years, but it does make me nervous too. I love the photo of Darren.