Sunday, January 4, 2009

Charlie

When talking about baby #4 Carlyn has always insisted it will be a boy and Annie has insisted it will be a girl. Rick has only insisted that we don't find out what it will be. This is very hard for me. Well, I've been trying to talk myself into not finding out for Rick's sake, but struggling with it.

The other day I was putting the kids in the tub and Annie said something about our new baby brother. I asked if she had changed her mind about it being a girl and she said, "Yeah. Its a boy." I forget which one said next, "Yeah, and you should name him Charlie," but the other quickly agreed. I asked where they got that from-Charlie and the Chocolate Factory or Charlie from the Santa Clause. Carlyn said from the Santa Clause but maybe Charlie Brown too. I said I didn't know and we finished the bath.

Later I was talking to Rick telling him about it. We thought it was really cute. After telling my family several times it was starting to grow on me. So we've come to a decision. We will not find out if its a girl or boy and we will call the baby Charlie (Charley) until the baby is born and then we'll see if we still like the name or not.

5 comments:

crystal said...

That's awesome..I don't think I could NOT FIND OUT!!

Sam and Emily Grindstaff said...

you can't have a boy charlie. I call charlotte that a lot, it is usually char but still.

Guymon Family said...

Wow you have serious patience. I am the WORST at surprises. There's no way I could wait 9 mos. I like the name Charley. Hope you had a great Christmas! Also to answer your question, my parents moved the day after I graduated high school and moved to Garden City (near Bear Lake) and still live there now. That's why I never get down to Sanpete ever to see anyone or know where everyone went. Facebook has really helped get back in touch though, and blogging of course! Have you heard anything about our 15 year yet?

take care,
Courtney

Squirefam said...

I love the name Charlie. My most compassionate, caring, and helpful brother is named Charles. I have heard from those that have waited to find out the baby's gender that they were glad they waited. So, good luck!

T-licious D-zire and C-hillins said...

I like it! :)