Friday, January 9, 2009

Funny Kids and a Few Happenings

I'm so behind on posts with a ton of pictures to download, and I'm annoyed with my slow computer. I usually use the laptop but I don't have a way to download the pictures here so the few I have are from someone else. I haven't really felt like blogging, so forgive me for blending several into one.

Okay, so maybe I'm the only one who will think this is cute, but my kids are so funny! I put at the end of the last post about the girls playing "hospital" which totally cracked me up, but I have to tell you some of the funny things they say and the things Darren does.

Annie got a new Book of Mormon from her new Sunbeam teachers and is so proud of it. I tried to hide it so I knew where it would be on Sunday and she found it and was flipping through the pages. I heard her say to Carlyn, "This is my Book of Mormon. Mr. Church gave it to me." Knowing both her teachers and female I asked, "Who is Mr. Church?" "Dat man. At church. Dat gave me my Book of Mormon." I finally figured out that she got mister and sister mixed up and says church because she can't remember their last names. :)

I can't believe Annie is a Sunbeam (Sunbean if you ask her) already. Here is a picture of her class (minus a couple kids). Annie is the one leaning on the table in case you can't tell. She was a little nervous the first day, wanting me to sit with her for a minute, but then she was fine. She's really quiet in sharing/singing time which is totally opposite how she is at home. Maybe she'll loosen up eventually.
Every time we drive within view of the hospital Carlyn says, "Look! There's the hospital where the baby's going to be born." Every time. No matter how many times a day we pass it.

Darren has an innate sense of how to play video games. Whether we were playing darts, bowling, tennis, rock band on the wii or a video game on the PS3 he knew just what to do and would try his hardest to pick up a controller and play (not too poorly on Sonic, I might add) and if he couldn't get the right one, he'd pick up any remote he could find and do the right actions. We were laughing so hard at him playing the guitar for rock band with Daddy's help. SO CUTE! He's getting so smart too and communicating so much more with words and signs. I do have a picture of this, so I'll have to post it later. He also learned how to snort and now runs around snorting and laughing. He also figured out that he like to stand and pee in the tub (naughty and annoying, but also a little funny).

Carlyn said, "Mom, I've got to change out of these jammies. Its sweltering in here." Sweltering! Thanks Word Girl (PBS kids, if you don't know.)

Two weeks ago I felt kind of guilty for having so much "Me" time. I had 2 dr appointments, a dinner with some girls friends on Thursday night, a Mamma Mia party Friday night (which deserves a post of its own but that would involve incriminating pictures of my singing and dancing with my neighbors), and a baby shower Saturday morning. I got home and felt a little guilty when Rick whispered to me, "We really need a date, but I don't know if we can find a babysitter at this last minute." It was a Saturday late afternoon, but I agreed that we did need a date. So, he called his sister Belinda who happily watched the kids at her house. They ate, played wii, she gave them baths for Sunday in her huge tub, and the kids played with their cats and dog. They were on cloud 9. But here's the funny part: the kids were playing in the hall when Rick said that so they had no idea they were going to Auntie Bee's house. I heard Carlyn the next minute saying, "I'll be Aunt Bee. I'll make the snacks for us and you go play with Josh (Aunt Bee's boyfriend.)" Annie said, "Come on Josh, let's go play. Aunt Bee, you come when you are done with the snacks." The went on in this scenario for several minutes while Rick and I were cracking up. Thanks Bee and Josh, we really did need a date and enjoyed it very much. We had a wonderful dinner and I got to finally see "Twilight" which I liked much more than I expected after everyone's comments.
Every year a group of friends from high school gets together at Christmas time and has a party. This year we had to put it off until after Christmas and it was last Saturday. I'm glad we do it and we really need to do it more than once a year. There are two pictures because her husband wasn't home until after Jody needed to leave. We had a wonderful meal and visited at Marilee's house.

Me, looking very big and prego, next to Mesha, Jody, Sarah, and my best friend growing up, Heather

Heather swapped out with Marilee to take the picture. Marilee is due in about a month with her first baby, the others happily done having kids. We're coming up on our 15th reunion this fall. CRAZY!

Monday afternoon we got to go the Draper Temple Open House and it was great! It is so organized and kind of amazing to realize the number of volunteers it takes every day of the open house, which lasts quite a long time. The girls especially loved going inside the temple and seeing how pretty it was. I'm really glad we got to go. First we watched a little movie at a nearby chapel assigned ahead of time. Then we got on buses and they drove us to the temple. The kids thought that was pretty cool. It dropped us off at a covered walkway to the temple. Then we took the tour through the temple. The girls loved that they got their own brochures and checked each picture off as we went through. It was so cute. I could really see that Carlyn was understanding when we said there was a place for baptisms for the dead, and then the place where people got married. They loved the Celestial room too, the chandelier especially, and were excited because on Sunday they'd just learned the Plan of Salvation so they recognized Celestial from that. So cute. Darren just liked how it was so quiet and he could make so much noise when nobody else was. We tried to shush him, but a 17 month old doesn't listen too well. When you leave it takes you on a covered walk again to the chapel next door for water and cookies and a beautiful display and then out to the buses again. Did I mention I was so glad we got to go? :)

1 comment:

Anne-Marie said...

We did the Draper Temple last week too! It was so neat and the kids loved it.

You've got that pregnancy glow going on Bonny!