Thursday, January 29, 2009

Some More About My Kids

I have an ultrasound update coming, but I wanted pictures so I'll get it up soon. FYI, I've posted several today.



I couldn't resist putting these pictures of the kids sleeping at their Aunt Belinda's house on here. Darren looked so big, not like a baby anymore. This was the night that we had a date night a few weeks back. The kids had fun playing wii, chasing their pets, and taking a bath in their huge tub. As I was typing this I looked over and saw Annie watching tv with a box on her head looking through the hole in the side. It was so funny I had to take a picture. Darren is often found with a box on his head, but its hard to take a clear picture of him.
This paper was Carlyn's first attempt at sounding out words to write them. She knew Carlyn and Annie, but guessed at Darren. In case you can't see it clearly it says "Dirin" in the middle.

On the outside it said, "SPRAS" for surprise. I was totally impressed. I couldn't do that at 5.

Just a cute picture of Carlyn.

And a cute picture of Annie.
Yup! That's my little guy. He always wants to get his hair done when the girls are getting theirs done. I usually put a head band in and he'll pull in off after a couple hours, but I was noticing how long his hair was and I couldn't resist. He looks so much like Carlyn did.
I know I've done mostly posts about my funny children, but their imaginations are in full bloom and I'm loving it. The other day at my grandma's house they were playing and one of them would be the doctor and the other would put the baby doll in her shirt. Then she'd call for the doctor to come take the baby out. Drama would follow about how they needed help walking and needed help with the baby. I wonder if that's how I seemed to them and that's what they remember from Darren being born. I have to write them down because I forget them. I had 2 others in my mind that I just forgot!
Darren only recently started watching videos. On the way home from CA, actually. He especially loves Thomas the train. This is him watching it in the waiting room of Carlyn's computer class. He never sits that still otherwise. Doesn't he look big?
I went to check on the girls after they were asleep one night and I found Annie like this.
Love the glasses!

3 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

That is a lot of posting! Good to catch up-Darren does look so big and mature. Even though he's just a baby.

Recksieks said...

It took me a while to read all the new posts but its fun to catch up on all you guys are doing. Your kids are so cute!

T-licious D-zire and C-hillins said...

Super cute pictures! And Darren does look big! Like a little man (except with the pony tail lol) I can't wait for DJ to start watching TV! Isnt that horrible! lol OH and I love the diaper box hahaha it's so dang cute!