Monday, September 21, 2009

What a week

I'm really not complaining too much about my week. I just felt crappy (see previous post) so it felt worse than it was. I'm actually feeling much better since I've talked to a few people about how I'm feeling. Much better. I was feeling very alone and unloved. I am starting some medicine tomorrow though so I hope that'll help even more. I wanted to put up these cute pictures. Sorry girls, these are about the boys.

Today was one of those days that I'm glad my baby will forget and I probably won't. Charlie has had a fever for 2 days and just whining even with Tylenol. Poor thing. It just breaks my heart! So I took him to the doctor today and she wanted to test his urine and blood :( The urine wasn't so hard, she put a bag on inside his diaper. Not too bad, but the blood draw was HORRIBLE. We went to the outpatient lab at the hospital. I'm not saying anything bad against the ladies that tried because I could honestly not even see any veins. Let me just say that 3 hours and 4 pokes (well, 5 because they gave him a shot back at the dr office) we had both cried a lot. He still has a fever, but seems to be a little happier tonight.
This is my pantry cupboard. This is Darren rearranging my pantry cupboard. I love it actually because he takes the cans out and puts them back. Today it was for about 1/2 hour while I was cooking dinner. It drives Rick crazy because he put them all in the "right spot" a couple days ago. I say who cares as long as he's not doing something worse!

I meant to rotate this. Can you see his backpack? He LOVES it. I got it at Kid-to-Kid for $2. Its got Lightening McQueen and Darren loves to wear it when he can.

This may not look like the most loving big brother, but he was actually being really sweet. He wanted Charlie to lay on him, but Charlie was trying to sit up. Darren was in heaven holding Charlie. Charlie was probably not so much in heaven.

Carlyn has held Charlie many times this last week and several times he's fallen asleep on her. She feels so big and important when he does, like the "little mother" she says.

He's fallen asleep in the cutest places lately. Don't worry, I was sitting right by him when he did this. I didn't leave him there. :)

1 comment:

marilee said...

Charlie is getting so big! I hope you are all doing well. How is it keeping everybody going in so many directions? Kaylee has become a little monkey... always on the go. Maybe she is preparing me for others to come. I love the pictures, they are adorable.