Saturday, September 19, 2009

Confession

I thought I was doing well after having the baby. I had several weeks of pain but not unreasonable pain and the recovery was quicker. I got the house in order and was on top of things. Then school started. I thought it would be easier somehow, but actually it is harder. I've been so tired because Darren isn't sleeping well. I can tell my hormones aren't right either, I think my thyroid is off again.
My point?
I've been having a hard time with things lately and have been bawling over everything! I finally decided that its more than a hard time. It is depression. I'm not enjoying the cute, silly, and funny moments with my kids as much. So now its time to go to the doctor and do something about it. Maybe this is too personal to blog about, but I could just use a little support, I guess.

6 comments:

Ryan and Alicia said...

Bonnie,
I unfortunately know what you are going through! The hardest part is actually recognizing that you've hit that point. I had really bad post-partum depression after Emma was born and it took me almost 2 years to finally recognize it and accept it before I got help. There is nothing wrong with getting the help when you need it. If you ever need to talk let me know. Hope this helps in any way!! ;-) Just keep going, it's the best remidy.
Lots of love-Alicia

T-licious D-zire and C-hillins said...

Lots of people get post-partum depression, so I don't think it's too personal to share, and want support. You're great Bonny. I will keep you in my prayers. I hope you feel better soon.

Anne-Marie said...

I wrote a post about PPD a few months ago & the stigma attached to it, but it is so extremely common. Nothing to be ashamed of. Unfortunately, I deleted the post. Stupid, huh? Yup. I got it after Gabriel & Lucas. I brush it under the rug until closer to their first B-day. Next time, I won't. Get help. Get meds if you have to. Try to exercise a bit. You will feel 100% better!! I promise!
Big Hugs Bonny!! I'm happy that you caught the signs early and that you'll be feeling like your old self again.

(email me if you want to talk. or call. you know.)

Debbie said...

I'm thinking about you Bonny. I'm glad you will be going to the doctor, it really is a such a big help. I know how it can be. I need to come and visit you again. We will have a break from school soon, I'll see if we can come down then.

Recksieks said...

I totally know what you are going through. I had a really hard time right after Emily was born. It hit me one day while at a family function when Emily was being so cute and my sister said "how can you stand it, she is so cute", and I realized that I wasnt really enjoying all the things that you should when you have a baby. It takes some time to get over it but you do. You are such an amazing mom! Let me know if you ever need to talk.

missy said...

okay so i'm late in commenting on this. but (its far from a secret) that i have deprestion too.(shocker!) (and i really suck at spelling) you've been on my mind alot. if you ever need anything call me.
missy