Saturday, March 28, 2009

A Quick Little Trip

*I hope this isn't gross. Sorry if it is.



Why is it that things never can go as planned? :) We came to my parent's house Friday night and planned to go back Saturday night. The trip was so that Rick could help my Dad refelt his pool table. Well, I hadn't been feeling well but we attributed that to pregnancy woes. I felt so sick the whole way down and was really upset when I got sick in the car as we pulled in. Ugh. Anyway, we ate dinner and put the kids in bed completely unsuspecting of the night we were about to have. I got really sick at that time, so sick that I asked Rick for a blessing. I did feel better almost immediately which was so nice. Carlyn thought it was so special that Daddy and Grandpa gave me a blessing and the kids quickly fell asleep. I was playing a card game with my Mom while Rick and Dad worked on the pool table. Then I heard a little voice saying, "Mom, I threw up." My least favorite words ever! I was feeling queasy still so I called for Rick. Without going into details I'll just say that Carlyn was sick all night. Darren whined all night until he was sick and didn't sleep well after that, and I was sick myself. We both got up with the kids but then I was so exhausted myself that toward the middle of the night somewhere I couldn't wake up to help anymore. Poor Rick ended up sleeping next to Carlyn on the floor. Lucky Annie seems to have avoided the bug for now and slept surprisingly well considering but still was awake quite a bit in the middle of the night. It was a bummer that this one trip I decided not to pack extra jammies or clothes or anything, only what we needed for one night.

No comments: