Monday, March 23, 2009

A Busy Week Cont.

I forgot to add something. After Carlyn mentioned that she hadn't had a Mommy date in a long time the concert last week came up. She felt so special and Rick and I talked about it and decided that we would rotate through the kids for Daddy or Mommy dates. We plan on most of these being free dates or cheap dates but the cost isn't really the point. So Carlyn got her turn and it was Annie's turn last week. On Friday Rick and I decided it had better be that night so we gave Annie the option of having a date with Mommy or Daddy. She chose Daddy. He took her to the mall to walk around and have an ice cream. She wore a dress and everything and looked so cute. In the van Rick told her they were going to the mall and she said, "You're kidding!" She was also very shy (according to him.) They looked in a few stores and even checked out ear piercing (the girls are earning it.) They got home and she was beaming and said, "Mommy, we had the best time!" I love how special she felt and knew that she was loved. She's been in a much better mood since.

3 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

That is so sweet! I love that she chose Daddy. I think it is so important to do one on one things with our kids as hard as it can be.

Squirefam said...

What a great idea. And I like that you make a point of letting them know this is a "date."

T-licious D-zire and C-hillins said...

That's awesome :) I have often thought we need to do that, especially since the numbers are constantly changing in the house..it's chaotic! We'll have to try to get it done.