Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A Sigh of Relief

Okay, I know this isn't the best picture, but if you look closely you can see an outline of a baby there (the head on the left, the profile of the head and body). He/she is big enough that the doctor thinks 14 weeks could be accurate, but we'll wait until the 20 week ultrasound to say a "final" due date. Otherwise, it is June 1st for anyone who is wondering. I saw a good strong heart beat and the doctor said everything looks great. *Sigh* I've been much more paranoid this time and was very happy to hear him say it. I've been so blessed so far. I don't take it for granted. I appreciate every good appointment. I did have a couple scary ones with Carlyn, one where the doctor couldn't find the heart beat, so they sent me for an ultrasound just in case. This baby was very active and I was so happy to see it. Sometimes I think we're crazy for having 4 so close, but I know once he/she's here that I'll wonder what I ever did without him/her. I guess I wasn't quite accurate when I said we didn't take any pictures on Thanksgiving. Here are my kids and a couple cousins at Grandma and Grandpa's house.
Since Darren has been sick, he's been much more sedentary and snuggly. This was him in the baby swing (which he pulled out of the closet the other day) and snuggling with Carlyn's blanket and a bottle of Pedialyte. He's also been watching more shows since he got sick. He'd watch maybe a minute before when yesterday he watched a whole hour! He loves Baby Mozart, Elmo, & Dora the most. This is the disadvantage of being the younger brother of two girls who have big imaginations. Carlyn was trying to put on his socks and shoes and Annie was cutting his hair with toy pliers.
His expression is the best, I think :) At least they weren't putting bows in his hair!

4 comments:

Katie said...

That's great news. I didn't realize you were that far along already!

crystal said...

Bows are coming! Caryn and I used to dress up Merrill :) Congrats on your baby. I am glad everything is going well. I hope you are feeling better.

Anne-Marie said...

I almost think I'm more nervous each baby. It's like you've already tempted chance enough times.

T-licious D-zire and C-hillins said...

Congrats on the baby! :) That last picture is soooooo cute! love it! I hope you guys have a very merry Christmas! Thanks for all of your support with Toby etc.