Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas

Maybe it is because I have been so focused on our trip to Disneyland, but I've totally missed getting excited for Christmas. Our pumpkins are frozen to the porch. We have a nightmare before Christmas theme because I still haven't put away the Halloween decorations yet. I know that's because I'm pregnant, but I really haven't had the energy to do more. I'm usually begging Rick to bring in the decorations and this year, I just don't care if they all get put up. Maybe it is because I know Little D is so destructive and the decorations would be lucky to survive him. That's what I keep telling myself anyway. Well, I read this on my friend Alicia's blog and decided it might help me get in the spirit of things. Here we go.



Christmas Tag
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. With bows and tags, but I hate doing it.

2. Real or Artificial tree? Artificial. Its easier and doesn't make me sneeze.

3. When do you put up the tree? I start begging the day after Thanksgiving. When Rick gets it out of the garage.

4. When do you take the tree down? Way too late!

5. Do you like eggnog? Not really, but I'll drink it with Sprite mixed in. My hubby LOVES it.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? ? At the time, everything seems so important. I remember getting a stereo system that I got with my sister. It had a tape player and a record player and we got some of each. It was so cool. :) I remember getting a Walkman and taking really good care of it. I guess I was a little older, but I don't really remember any from younger. Oh, except a dollhouse my mom and grandpa made. That was pretty special.

7. Hardest person to buy for? My Dad. I never know what to get him.

8. Easiest person to buy for? My kids. Kids are easy.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Its my favorite decoration. I think we got it the first year we were married.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Well, I've always mailed before, but I haven't even thought of them yet this year, so maybe I'll just email. I don't know.

11. Worst Christmas gift ever received? Divorce papers. Seriously. Not from Rick :)

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I love the Muppet's Christmas Carol.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Whenever I get around to it. I got some good deals for the kids from KSL.com, so I started months ago, not sure when.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Only for a White Elephant. I've given plenty to the DI though.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Grandma's sugar cookies. Also, my family usually has a big Christmas Eve party with Prime Rib. Yummy.

16. Lights on the tree? Colored. I don't hate plain white, but I like the colored ones.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Anything Josh Groban or Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Angels We Have Heard on High, Silent Night, mostly hymns.

18. Travel or stay home at Christmas? Both. I think we'll celebrate Christmas morning at home, but we've really enjoyed the years at my parent's house.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Who can't? You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen, Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen, but do you recall the most famous reindeer of all? Rudolph.

20. Angel or star on the tree-top? Star.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Morning? We open Christmas pajamas the night before and then everything else Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Shopping. I don't mind shopping, but I don't like when it is a mad house. I feel like yelling, "Take it easy people, those presents are most likely going to be broken in a week anyway. Do you really need it???"

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I love the eclectic look, with favorite ornaments that kids have made etc. I don't need a theme, but I do love to see other trees like that.

24. Favorite food for Christmas dinner? Our special is usually Christmas Eve, as I said. We have a special Christmas breakfast with a breakfast casserole and caramel rolls. Dinner isn't so important, but its usually ham.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? A clean house, kids that don't fight, and a massage. But if I can't have that I want a flat iron and Mamma Mia. :)

Tag, you're it!!!

2 comments:

Guymon Family said...

Hey Bonny! So jelous of your trip to Disneyland! I've heard it's awesome at Christmas time. WE are hoping to go next year for the holidays. And congratualations on the baby by the way! I'm kinda baahummbug this year on decor too. There's just too much going on right now. Happy Holidays, and Take Care of yourself!

Courtney

Katie said...

YOur children were very well behaved. I have a hard time believing they ever fight! :) I love your pictures from your trip. I've been checking your blog since you left waiting for them. I'm glad you had a fun time at Disneyland.