Monday, December 1, 2008

Sickies

I thought when my kids were sick last week that we would at least be on the mend by now. We have had random barfing, sore throats, fevers, stomach aches & now runny noses. Poor Annie and Darren are still sick. I took them to the Dr last Wednesday to make sure they didn't have strep, but it was negative. The way Annie's acting, I just may take her back in. She's as sick as ever. She had no voice today and cried after laying down because her sore throat was worse. And poor Darren. He started a couple days before her. He's been really clingy and whiny and not sleeping well. He ate a little better than normal today though, so I think he may be getting better. He's been sleeping horribly, partly from sore throat and partly due to the fact that he's been so hungry because he wouldn't eat anything. They say it is important to just make sure they have liquids, so that's what I've done, but it doesn't hold them over long enough. Sorry if this sounds whiny. I know lots of kids have it worse and I have had relatively healthy kids, but it is so hard to watch them suffer for more than a week and I feel like there's nothing I can do. Of course we've tried lots of tylenol, saline, & a little vicks, but none of it seems to help for too long. Luckily Carlyn had only a headache and fever for a couple days and then was good. Rick and I have a little sinus stuff going on but that's no biggie. I hope my sweet little monkeys get better again soon.

4 comments:

crystal said...

I hope you guys get feeling better!

Debbie said...

Sorry to hear they are still so sick. I hope they get feeling better soon. You are in my thoughts.

Katie said...

Maybe a little dose of Disneyland is what you all need! The air isn't as dry here atleast. :) That can irritate a cold more than anything this time of year.

Ryan and Alicia said...

I hope you guys start feeling better soon. Nothing like a sick kid to make everything seem miserable!