Saturday, May 3, 2008

Other happenings this week

Earlier this week Rick and I were able to go to the premier of Iron Man. We dropped the kids at Joel & Jessica's house and met his sister Belinda accompanied by boyfriend Josh. It was crazy. People were cheering and clapping during the movie. I know I wasn't the only one skeptical of Robert Downey Jr., but he did a great job. It was good, but Rick LOVED it and I only liked it. Total man movie. It was a little cheesy at parts, but I think all comic book movies are. I haven't been without Darren very many times for that long, but he did well.

Front runner is a UTA train that runs from SL to Odgen. It is brand new and they had free days the few days until the end of April. I didn't find out til the 30th, so we decided to load up the kids and battle the crowds. It was so cold waiting the 20+ minutes for the train. We should have had coats and mittens and we only had jackets. Wow, it was packed and the trains were running slower due to the weight. Luckily, we were able to find seats on the way north and 1 seat on the way back. We thought we might go all the way to Ogden and back, but we jumped ship in Layton and headed back. It was supposed to be a 2 hour total round trip, but it was that just to Layton and back. It has a few kinks to work out, but it was nice. It was a little crazy and the kids were done on the way back so I forgot to take pictures.

2 comments:

The Mathews Family said...

Hi Bonny!
Thanks for visiting my blog. The blurb book is definitely worth the time investment.

I'm not sure if we're related through those Mathews. You're right. It's not spelled very common. I'll have to find out. I know that a majority of the relations are through Maryland, Georgia areas...
-Jessica

Jen said...

That's fun you got to see the movie... I would have liked just being able to go on a date with my husband. :) I enjoyed talking to you last night. I haven't had a chance to talk to you lately and was happy to finally get the chance. I loved hearing your dating story:)