Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's Day. We went to Moroni where they had a huge stake dinner for Mothers & Daughters. It was lovely. We got all dolled up and went to dinner. We had 13 of us there (and 3 in spirit-Emily we missed you!) including 8 granddaughters. It was a wonderful turkey dinner (what else in Moroni?) with baked potatoes, salad, cooked carrotts, & cake. It was so fun to be there together. They used to have them when I was young, but I can't remember the last one they had.

Rick and the kids bought me 3 beautiful yellow/red roses, one to represent each child. They were beautiful. They also gave me a card with a rooster on the front and inside it said "to the woman who rules the roost!" and played the chicken song. Funny!!! He also ordered me the Twilight series books, but they haven't gotten here yet. It was nice just to have a little time together. What a blessing family is!

I found an article by Whitney Permann in LDS Living Magazine. She talks about the tough parts of motherhood compared to contractions and calls the good things that come up, you know the ones that just make you so happy to be a mom, "mother mercies". I really liked that. Its kind of like my story with the girls being naughty and falling asleep. Here's the link if you want to check it out. http://www.ldslivingmagazine.com/articles/show/1518

2 comments:

crystal said...

What a fun bunch! I just realized I must not have put your new address in my google reader because I have missed several of your posts! How fun to have Katie here!

Anne-Marie said...

I'm glad you had a great Mother's Day, Bonnie! Wow-there's alot of girls in your family!