Thursday, April 24, 2008

Twilight and a bad back

Last week I woke up and my back was out. I was in a lot of pain and couldn't stand up straight. Its done that before, but not for about 7 years. UGH. No wonder, my little 8 month old is a hefty 19+ pounds. That just made it worse. It was torture taking him from his crib to the changing table and then into the kitchen. After some debate I decided to pack up (well, Rick packed up because every tiny thing was painful to me) and drive to my parent's house. My sister and her chiropractor husband live there because he's just opening a chiropractic office there. Convenient, huh? The only debate came because sitting was terribly painful and its a 2 hour drive. I stuck an ice pack behind me and took off.

We went to the office Wednesday night and he started to torture me. JUST KIDDING! But it did hurt because I was in so much pain. His treatments were aggressive and he used electric stimulation, accupuncture (helpful, but I hate needles), decompression (a contraption that stretches out your spine), adjustments, and a massager. All with state of the art equipment. Very nice. He stuck me in a brace and told me to use ice often. I felt much better by Friday, but stayed til Saturday. Thanks Dallin!!!

While on my bedrest my sister lent me Twilight to read. I admit that I was hesitant, but naturally I got sucked in and LOVE the book. I finished it Saturday night just after I got back so I called around and found a friend in my ward who let me borrow the next 2. Thanks Heather for lending me your babies. I was functional, but still in pain so I decided to come back Tuesday (no Tuesdays with grandmas.) I still feel a little uncomfortable sitting too long but I'm so much better. I'm also done with New Moon and Eclipse. Finished this morning. I kind of wish that I'd waited until closer to when the 4th book comes out. UGH! I wish I could put a couple pictures of the kids, but not tonight. I've got to get some sleep. My kiddies are done sleeping at grandma's house and didn't sleep well last night. When I went for a treatment today the girlies cried and said they wanted to go home. They are home bodies, no matter how much they love grandma, grandpa and the "tousins."

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I'm reading Twlight right now. (I'm about 100 pages from finishing it). It's taken me a month to get through it. It's so good though, and I read it whenever I get the chance. I'm glad you are feeling better. I hope to see you next week!

Anne-Marie said...

You poor thing, Bonny! And a back is one of those body parts that you just can't work around. Hope you get feeling better!