Thursday, April 3, 2008

Happy Birthday dear Daddy...

Yesterday was my sweet husband's birthday. I decided to make our night out at our house and do a fun "trip" there. First the girls gave him homemade cards with $60 play money. Then we "drove" to the Dansie Grill (not my name of choice, but Carlyn insisted on it. I wanted Bonny's Bistro!) The special of the day was steak served with onions or mushrooms with salad, baked potato, & corn. The waitress (me) was very attentive to our family's needs and we all had fun pretending. The girls wanted to waitress, but it was too much work. I was afraid the girls were going to set the tablecloth on fire, but we made it through without incident.

After we were done eating the waitress brought out this delicious chocolate cake and we all sang, Rick too, as you can see. Annie would randomly sing "happy birthday dear daddy" throughout the meal. It was funny. Yes, its a little cake, but it was plenty for our needs especially once you consider our next "stop."
Then we went to the Birthday Movie Theater. The girls chose movies that they thought he'd like to see with them from our DVD collection and we wrote them on the board so he got to choose. Carlyn told him the choices and he chose Narnia. She sold him the tickets and offered him a floor seat or a couch seat. They called him sir and everything. It was a hoot.

At the concession stand Anneliese sold him all the candy and popcorn for only $10. Its sad to think how much that would really cost at a real theater!
There was a little incident earlier about Rick being late from work and the BBQ grill being at his store and he went there to grill up the steaks, but it ended up really fun and the girls didn't spill the beans to him about what we were up to. That was a miracle in itself!

7 comments:

Jen said...

What a fun birthday party! Cute ideas. I bet your kids loved every second of it. :)

Anne-Marie said...

What a great Birthday idea. You are such a nice wife!

Bonny said...

Rick loved it, but yes, the girls did too. The best part was at dinner and Carlyn said "excuse me, miss? Could I have some more drink please?"

Debbie said...

I love it! What a great idea! And what great memories for your family! I'll have to remember this when my husband's birthday rolls around!

Katie said...

Happy late birthday to Rick! I guess we start the marathon of April birthdays. :) You are so creative!! What a fun night for the family.

crystal said...

That's awesome! Chad's birthday is in April...you have some good ideas :) I love your comment about the candles...it made me laugh!

The Wessman Family said...

That is so fun! It's fun to see how much the kids pick up on at places like restaurants, etc.