Sunday, April 6, 2008

Conference

I love to listen to conference and I always love the Saturday sessions and believe that some of the best talks are on Saturday. I'm sad to say that I didn't hear much from any of the sessions, but I did hear a little more of Sunday afternoon. My kids are bored out of their minds during conference and I tried the coloring thing, sending them to the other room to play, etc., but they would always end up right in front of me being a less than a year old, 2 year old, and a 4 year old. I was saying to Rick that I loved President Monson, but I was having a hard time in my mind transitioning him from "story teller apostle" to prophet and that I hadn't heard a dang thing yet. Not 10 minutes later Elder Ballard came on and said he wanted to talk specifically to young mothers. I ran back in front of the tv and magically the kids were quite so I could listen. My friend highlighted the points and I stole them from her. They are:
Recognize that the joys of motherhood come in moments.
Focus more on doing and less on getting it done.
Don't overschedule. Have unstructured time.
Find time for ourselves.
Pray, study and teach the gospel.
Thank you Elder Ballard. That was just what I needed. I love being a mom, but its really hard right now. I loved President Monson's talk at the end of conference. He was still the story teller, but now he's the prophet instead of the apostle. I felt that strongly and am thankful for that. I also heard Elder Bednar's talk about praying with faith and really appreciated that too. I learned a lot. Thank you Heavenly Father for hearing my cries and letting me hear that if nothing else.

4 comments:

Sam and Emily Grindstaff said...

I loved Elder Ballards talk. But it was focus more on the doing than on getting it done.

Bonny said...

I'll change it now. I copied it from my friend.

Debbie said...

Our kids were so wild around 3:00 that we had to leave and go for a ride. I was so glad we did so I could hear Elder Ballard's talk. We couldn't hear a word otherwise. I can totally relate!

Anne-Marie said...

That was a really inspirational talk. It is really hard to be a Mother & feel like your getting it "right" all the time, but your doing an amazing job Bonnie!