Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Tuesdays with Grandmas

Have you ever heard of the book Tuesdays with Morrie? Well, we have our own version called Tuesdays with Grandmas. Every Tuesday my sweet Mom drives about 2 1/2 hours each way to visit her mom and mother-in-law. Mom sometimes has other family members with her, but my children and I usually go with her.

My grandmas. The picture was from last summer, but I just love it.

Me, my kids, and Grandma Potter
Darren sitting really well. The first time he sat for a really long time.


First, we go to my grandma Potter's house and have lunch with her. She is mostly deaf and blind and needs a little more help nowadays. She's very tired and sometimes down, but she's always happy to see us. My kids love her and have always known going to her house.


Darren with Grandma, it was so cute, she leaned in to kiss him and he kissed her back.
My mom, grandma and kids.

Mama to Carlyn and Nama to Annie-No matter how you say it, they love Grandma!


Grandma Hilton and Mom

We stay a few hours and then go to my Dad's mom's house. Grandma Hilton gets around well still and, while she doesn't need the help as much, she needs the company as much. We often have dinner with her and always enjoy the visits at her house. Unfortunately by this time one or more of my children falls asleep in the car on the way to her house. While this is nice in some ways, they usually wake up grumpy and hungry. They love to see Grandma though and play with her fun toys and some of the toys I played with long ago.


Hilton cousins, recognize this?

We love our grandmas. We don't have many grandpas around and don't get to see my dad very often anyway. These visits make our Tuesdays great!

3 comments:

Sam and Emily Grindstaff said...

I loved going to Grandmas every tuesday, I miss it a lot. It is nice being in the same state as family but the closet family is 5 hours away.

crystal said...

My boys LOVE Grandma's basement. They drag out the big red fire engine and a blue truck and all the like money...good memories :) Cute pictures, Bonny! I really need to go and visit Grams...I will let you know when I come!

Anne-Marie said...

What a sweet post, Bonny-I love my Grammy too. Your Mom looks so young.