Wednesday, March 26, 2008

All about Bonny

Tag - I'm it!

My sister-in-law Katie posted this on her blog and tagged me:

10 YEARS AGO: 1998? I lived in Centerville with my Grandma and Grandpa. I was a senior at Weber State University in Odgen, UT. I was majoring in Family Studies and also going through a divorce. I felt like the biggest failure because how could I help anyone if I couldn't even save my own marriage. Well, luckily I had great friends, professors, and a counselor who helped me see that we all have choices and we can't change what other people decide, that things happen to us that aren't our choice but we can choose how it will affect us, and that people change. Oh yeah, and that I should finish school. I did and my divorce was finalized on the day I graduated (June 11th)! A big day and a weird one too. It had been such a dragged out process that it was such a relief by that time and I finally told friends that I had avoided all year. In order to graduate I was told that I needed more language credits, so I signed up for an intense 2nd year Spanish course. I also worked on campus at the Honors Program office. I had fun dating and went to a lot of dances with 2 divorced friends and we called ourselves the ex-wives club. I moved to Salt Lake that fall and started looking for a job. After a couple temp jobs I found a great one at a company called BSD Medical. I loved the people there, and I really learned a lot working there.

5 THINGS ON MY TO DO LIST: 1. Get caught up on laundry-especially folding and putting it away 2. Wash the pans that I've been procrastinating for a couple days 3. Dig up the patch in front of the house and replant the iris 4. Plant a garden 5. Get all the stuff out of my bedroom that doesn't need to be there (6. let the kids paint today, instead of watching 1 more movie.)

3 BAD HABITS: 1. Yelling at my kids and husband (I know its not a good excuse, but I'm so sleep deprived all the time and so grumpy) 2. Being late 3. Not doing things right away, like the dishes or cleaning

5 PLACES I/WE HAVE LIVED:1. Carbondale, CO 2. Salina, UT 3. Moroni, UT 4. Kaysville, UT 5. Ogden, UT 6. Centerville, UT 7. Salt Lake City, UT (then South Jordan and Midvale, but both were very short, 1 or 2 months) 8. Murray, UT

5 JOBS I HAVE HAD: (Only 5?-I've had a lot more than that! I'll just choose the fun ones that I haven't already mentioned, in reverse order) 1. Paraeducator with the Adults with disabilities at the High School 2. Office assistant at Campus Recreation in college 3. Server at Country Kitchen 4. Checker at a grocery store 5. Telephone surveyor in high school-this was a horrible job, but we had a lot of fun doing it!

5 THINGS YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT ME: (you may have already learned something...) 1. I love the band U2. They are the best group ever! And I hate country music! 2. I love to bake as long as I'm not rushed. Cookies, cakes, bread (more banana than just plain bread), and anything like that. Same goes with cooking too, I guess, but nothing too fancy. 3. I love to sing and always have. My family has been singing together since I was little, and I remember singing solos and in groups at a young age. My mom had a children's singing group called the Rainbow Connection (you know, Kermit's song.) 4. I had trouble getting pregnant the first time and had to be on fertility drugs and everything. It was horrible and I wouldn't ever do it again but I'm thankful that it worked 5. I did way too much in High School. I was in band (I played the flute-this included pep band, marching band, and I was drum majorette one year too), choir, drill team for 1 1/2 years and chearleading for 1 year, in 5 musicals including playing Aldonza/Dulcinea in Man of La Mancha, track for 1 year, and sterling scholar in Music. Plus I took several concurrent enrollment college courses and took piano lessons too.

Yeah! I now tag Debbie, Monica (if you have time,) and anyone else who wants to!

1 comment:

Anne-Marie said...

But, you certainly had no problem getting pregnant after Carlyn! And you do have a beautiful voice.