Saturday, March 1, 2008

Snow???

Come on its lovely weather...
Earlier this week the weather was warming up, the snow had melted, it was nice! Carlyn said, "Where's my baby stroller?" I was about to say that I didn't want her to use it in the house when I realized happily that it was nice enough to go for a walk outside! I got their doll strollers (loaded with loveys) and Darren in his stroller and we walked around the block. Half way around Carlyn said, "Mom, I need to slow down. I'm tired." I was energized. It was so lovely. We got most of the way around and stopped to say hi to a neighbor working in her yard. We were shortly joined by another neighbor, then 2 more showed up and a couple dropped by quickly on their way home from picking up kids from school. The kids were all running around and moms were chatting. I loved it. It could be just warmer than that all year for me and I'd be perfect. Ah, almost spring. I didn't want to go back in.

A Gray Day
Today was a good day-my cousin got baptized and I enjoyed being with family, but outside was very gray. It was so windy and chilly until after lunch and then the rain started. A few hours later it was snow :( Yuck. I'm done with snow. I'm going to run away Texas or California with my sister or sister-in-law. Maybe I'll come back in the spring.

3 comments:

crystal said...

It was fun on Saturday. It was good to be with family:) I hope this week has some more sunshine!

Anne-Marie said...

I promise you don't want to be in Texas, mid-summer. Spring, yes! I miss those walks in that neighborhood-it always became at least an hour of chatting.

Monica Mary said...

Oh how I cannot wait for more of those days!!!