Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's gone awry

I woke up on Valentine's Day with grand plans of wonderful meals, silly but special presents for my family and a few fun things to do during the day. Well, a sleepless night (Darren slept from 11-7 so it wasn't his fault) changed all that. Anneliese woke up at 7:30 (thanks Rick!) and would not be quiet and watch a show so I could sleep. Rick was supposed to come home from work for us to have breakfast with him about 9. Can't blame him for working, but he didn't come home til something like 10:30, so we had a late breakfast. It was nice though, with blueberry pancakes cut into hearts with a cookie cutter. Then I took a nap while the girls watched a movie and Rick worked downstairs.

Then we had a fun lunch of dinosaur chicken nuggets. Yes, girls like dinosaurs too. It was Carlyn's request. It was fun, but late in the afternoon before we ate. I had hoped to take them to the VeggieTales movie at the dollar theater, but we missed all the showings by the time we had lunch.

Then the girls had a bath while Darren wouldn't sleep. I don't know what was with that kid yesterday, but he was whiny and would not sleep. Oh well, I guess he can't be perfect!

Somehow the time was gone by now and none of us needed a big fancy dinner. We were going to make cheesecake and then Grandma Linda stopped by (I don't know why I didn't take any pictures-duh!) They got big pillows that said princess on them. Darren loved grandma and cried when she left. Then Rick had to go to the church for the scheduled audit (he's financial clerk.) That took much longer than expected and by the time he got home it was late.

Carlyn begged to sleep in the front room, so I set them all up for it. Then Anneliese started crying (while I was still there-duh, she was way too tired) and wanted to go to her bed, but I had their lamp in the front room. I took her downstairs with me and she fell asleep on the chair in less than a minute. The picture is dark, but it was so cute! Then Rick went to Red Box and we watched No Reservations until way too late. It was a fun day, but not at all what I'd planned. Oh well. At least the kids are little and didn't care because they had fun sending Valentine's to everyone.
Sometime there in the evening we got a call saying that Emily had her baby. Here's cute Samantha. We can't wait to see her and we love her even though we can't. Good job, Em. She is adorable!!!!!!

7 comments:

Katie said...

I saw No Reservation's in the theater last summer - did you like it? I did. Sounds like an Valentines was eventful! I'm jealous you have a pic of baby Samantha - we're still waiting!

Anne-Marie said...

A packed day in the Dansie household for sure. Don't you love it when people ask, "what do you do all day?"...Ha!

Bonny said...

Anne-Marie, I swear other than my nap yesterday I was busy, so I'm not sure how it got to be 10 last night and nothing was done :) I've got my hands full as you will soon know.

KT, we did like the show. Very cute, but Rick said he wouldn't have gotten it if he'd known it was going to be sad. Sent email of baby pic.

Debbie said...

Bonny, I can so relate to those days! I see your kids and they remind me so much of my own, they are all around the same age. I need to come down and visit. I'm sure the girls would have so much fun. The boys would probably just sit and stare at each other!

Bonny said...

We would love that any time. That's what I think when I see your kids too.

Monica Mary said...

Reasons why I don't like V_Day . Once you have kids things never go as planned and then disappointment sets in...

I'm a bum I guess.

Bonny said...

Monica, you are not a bum. I rolled with the punches and didn't get upset, so it was just not like planned, but relaxed and fun still. Much like any other day, we just said that we loved each other more.