Sunday, February 24, 2008

Silly Thoughts


I wanted to have a new post last week showing my cute birthday card from my sister in law (said "I wanted to get you one of those gag gifts for your birthday, but then I figured you got my brother for a husband and that's bad enough-funny!) and the new clothes I got, but my sweet husband keeps forgetting a USB cable for me to download pictures (long story). Oh well. I had a great birthday and we saw the new VeggieTale movie and did some shopping on Saturday and Sunday we took it easy and had a nice day.

I got this from Crystal and thought it was funny so I tried it. Funny since I had a brownie the last 2 nights for dessert.



Rub a Dub Dub three kids in a tub




I thought I'd share a couple funny things that my cute daughters said. Friday when Rick was leaving to work Annie was eating breakfast. She started pouting and said "Daddy, I don't want you to go. Please don't go." He kissed her and said he needed to go and left. She started crying (cereal in her mouth still), quivering lip and all and said, "Daddy Rick. I want my Daddy Rick." The funniest part about the story is that she's a total Mommy's girl and she never calls him Rick. :)

Carlyn said, "Just so you know Mom, I want to go to Texas to see my new baby cousin Samantha and to Chucky Cheese's and to the Children's Museum too. I know they are too expenseive, but just so you know." Apparently I've told her too many times that what she wants to do it too expensive.


Darren's really funny. He's discovered his hands and here's a funny little picture of him staring at them. Sorry its not better. We went swimming the other night and he was talking and cooing and later he fell asleep while I was holding him. Today in church he was "singing" during the hymns. SO CUTE!


We hadn't been swimming since summer. Our last outings were cut short by poop in the pool (sorry to put it bluntly) and we were a little soured. Then it wasn't so easy for me with 3 kids by myself. Rick is the one who resists swimming so when he suggested it we jumped on the chance. Anneliese took over an hour and a half to warm up and didn't want to get out when it was time to go (I could stay all day, but Rick, Darren, and Carlyn were freezing.) The girls love to go on the big slide with Daddy. Carlyn goes by herself and I make sure she's ok at the end and Annie rides with Daddy. A couple times Annie went with me and Darren with Rick. He didn't smile or cry. I wish I had a picture but we had our hands full.

7 comments:

crystal said...

Go Brownies! Those are cute stories about your kids. Are you going to Carson's baptism...if so, we'll see you there!

Bonny said...

We'll be there! I'm excited to see everyone and sad that its been so long since I've seen everyone too.

Katie said...

Cute stories! About the USB issue - didn't your camera come with one? I feel bad, I keep telling Barrett we can mail you one if you need it!

Jen said...

HI! It was fun to find out you are in the blogging world too :) You have a cute blog also. It's fun to see pics and read more about what goes on with you and your family. :)

The Wessman Family said...

I can't wait for Abby to start talking more because maybe she can say cute things too! Those were very cute...

Anne-Marie said...

I think that's so funny that Carlyn remembers the places that are "too expensive." And they are!

Debbie said...

Happy late birthday! We need to take our kids to see the VeggieTales movie. They love to watch the shows. It's so fun to read your blog and keep up to date with you and your family!