Friday, April 3, 2009

A Quick Happy Birthday

Rick is going to work on my computer tonight so no pictures. But I wanted to say (a day late) a quick Happy Birthday to my sweet man. I love you, Rick, and I'm glad you had a great day.


We had french toast for breakfast and he worked until after 4 when he had a massage. Thanks Massage Envy for getting some knots out of my husband's back because I can't. I frankly was a little jealous. I've feeling very sore and would love a massage, but I'll have to wait. I am glad he got one though. He requested golden rod eggs for dinner (I told him I wanted to cook but his first request was Sizzler.) He liked the movie night at home we did for his birthday last year and requested another one this year. We rented Bolt and had popcorn. Half way through we sang to him and had some rich chocolate cake. We had a great time.


The best was that while he was gone the kids made birthday cards for him. Darren wanted to get in on it too and sat at his booster seat and colored with marker on the construction paper. It was cute, he was very serious about drawing and got mad when I wrote Happy Birthday Daddy on the inside. The girls always take it seriously and made some cute cards. Annie put princess stickers on it and Rick laughed saying he never thought he'd get a princess card for his birthday. :) We gave him the cards at dinner and Darren knew just what to do with the card he made and proudly passed it to Rick. It was adorable. Then, when Rick gave the girls hugs after reading their cards Darren grunted and held out his arms. Rick said, "You want a hug too?" Darren, who says no to everything, nodded his head and said yeah. It was great. He gave Rick a big hug. I unfortunately had a sinus headache and wasn't feeling great, but I hope that Rick never questions how much any of us love him. :)

1 comment:

The Wessman Family said...

Sounds like a great day! Greetings to you all!