Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day

***I've tried to post this since Sunday, but Darren woke up with a fever that day and has been acting really grumpy. We learned tonight that he has strep, but that story will come in a different post.
We had a very nice Valentine's Day this year. First we woke up to snow. It didn't stick on the roads and didn't feel too cold so I didn't mind too much. Rick was shoveling snow so the kids and I got our snow clothes on and played. Darren got a big snowball and had no interest in throwing it, he only wanted to eat it. Annie and Carlyn thought it was fun to hit mom and dad. They also liked to shovel the grass. :) Annie on left, Carlyn on right.

Here's D (yes, in pink snow pants!) eating the snowball.


After playing we went in for breakfast. I made goldenrod eggs, one of our favorites. A little while later Rick's Mom, Linda, came over with Maureen and Great Grandma White. We were glad they visited. The girls had worked hard on their valentines.

The girls with their new Valentine bears and candy from Grandma Linda.

Rick's sister, Belinda, wanted us to bring the kids in to see her at work. She gave us a tour where she and Josh work and the kids especially loved raising the lift for the cars. Oh, they also loved the play room at the dealership too.
After that we came home and I made chicken cordon bleu for dinner. We watched Madagasgar 2 and had strawberry shortcake for dessert. After the kids were in bed Rick and watched Fireproof. I really liked that show and it was a good reminder of how to treat each other.

1 comment:

Anne-Marie said...

I'm the Queen of overplanning. Simplicity is a theme I'm reaching for this year.

Sounds like a good Valentine's for you guys!

(we loved Madagascar 2-one of my fave kid's movies)