Thursday, February 19, 2009

I Forgot

(I knew I would forget some things in that post because I can't keep that many cute things in my brain. So please forgive me if I add a few more. I'm sorry I've been doing these so much lately, but since I don't keep a journal I need to write them here so they aren't forgotten.)


Did I mention that we learned over travels and holidays while sleeping in 1 room that Anneliese talks in her sleep? Usually it is, "No. I don't want you, I want Mommy!" or something to that effect. Pretty much what she says all day long. When we were in St. George she and I shared a bed and it was, "Move over!" even though I was totally on the edge of the queen size bed. :)


She and Carlyn have gotten in the habit of playing what they call "baby in the tummy." Usually this game requires 3, so it is when friends are over. One of them puts a baby doll or stuffed animal in their shirt and they are the patient "mommy" who is about to have a baby. The other 2 are doctors/nurses. I about laugh my head off because they think the baby comes out of the tummy which is partly my fault because when Carlyn asked where my babies come out I showed her, and I have C-sections. I said, they come out of my tummy after the doctors cut it open. I was glad they didn't ask where other people's babies come out. I admit, I didn't want to go there yet. Still it is funny. I kissed Annie asleep in bed when I got home tonight from a baby shower tonight and her lovey was in her pajama top. So funny!


Carlyn is in a phase where she says, "Mom, do you know what 1 + 1 + 1 + 100 + 100 + 1,000,000 + 1,000,000 + 1,000,000 is?" and is surprised when I can answer. She doesn't realize how easy she's making them.


Rick was really mad at the kids the other night putting them to bed. I forget why now, but at the time I thought he was a little madder than necessary so I went in and let him leave to calm down. Carlyn said, "Mom how come you are being nicer than Dad?" Rick about laughed his head off saying that I'm usually the one who's upset so she was confused.

Recently Carlyn said, "Our house is called the Sharing House." I asked what that meant and she said that we are all good sharers at our house. As a Mom that has to be one of the best things you can hear your child say. I was very happy. She is getting to be a better sharer and has shared even when I expected her not to. Being a good sport playing the wii is another story.

2 comments:

Sam and Emily Grindstaff said...

Charlotte does the same thing with addition. Usually she has me add the same number, so she is impressed when I answer what 8 fours added together are.

Nikkel said...

Either I didn't remember or Lief didn't tell me you were having another baby. Congrats! That is super exciting.