Friday, February 27, 2009

Its That Time of Year

Ah, Spring is in the air. Well, it feels like it some days when the weather is nice, but that's actually not what I'm talking about. Its that time of year for getting sick. UGH! Nothing worse on a nice warm day when everyone would rather be playing outside than sitting in the doctor's office.

As I mentioned in my birthday post, Darren had strep throat. He started on an antibiotic on my birthday and we were praying that's where it would end. Then the sore throats started about a week later. I had a dr appointment with my OB and he didn't want to mess with it and put me on an antibiotic. Then Darren started acting cranky again and Annie complained of a sore throat. That coupled with that facts that Rick's throat was white, red, & swollen, Darren had just had strep, and the kids had all been exposed unknowingly to Whooping Cough early this week, I decided to take the kids to the doctor on Thursday. Darren's strep was gone, but he now has an ear infection which explains the uncontrollable crying at night. Annie definitely had strep. Carlyn seemed to just be starting. The doc wasn't taking chances and put them all on something that will hopefully kill the strep and whooping cough. Rick went to the doctor that same night and is on an antibiotic too. So we are having a great time here :) Its really not too bad. They mainly just don't feel well, have small fevers, and don't want to eat anything so it could be worse. It is hard for them to be cooped up like this though. We didn't get grandma's visits or a trip to the library which are our 2 favorite outings every week. It is abnormal for Rick to get this sick so much in one year too. He's the worst off of us all. Poor guy, but has been working as much as he can.

On a side note I do want to say that I'm becoming a fan of the Shopko pharmacy. Its usually not very busy and depending on the medicine its the same price as Wal-mart. Its close to their doctor too but I really just love that its not crowded.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Sorry to hear you have been so sick! I hope it passes soon for you all.