Monday, June 2, 2008

Fun stuff

I didn't get a picture of Carlyn, but yesterday was her very first talk in Primary! She did a great job and talked a little too loudly into the microphone. It was about how the temple blesses our family. She gave the scripture once and 2 other times when she was supposed to give the talk she was sick. Anneliese looked like she was going to the prom yesterday before church. She and Carlyn were wearing matching dresses and they looked beautiful. Anneliese found a hair thing that matched, but it wouldn't stay in her hair so she wore it like a bracelet. It reminded me of a corsage like you wear to the prom. Then we were late and she was sitting so cute in the chair in the lobby. I couldn't get a better picture because of Darren, but it was darling.

Last weekend we went to my parent's house. Grandma is a great lover of books and has many for the kids to enjoy. Darren loved this huge book.

Last week we went swimming. I forget which day. It was warm enough but windy. We went to the Cottonwood Heights outdoor pool. It was great except the splash area puts out cold water. Then the wind would blow and tiny freezing droplets would spray us. We discovered that another part was much warmer so we just enjoyed floating. I got burned because Carlyn put on my sunscreen. It was funny and splotchy. I should have taken a picture, but I didn't want to :)

Rick thought this was so cute that he hurried and took a picture during
Sacrament meeting last week.


D was funny trying to balance and not touch the grass.

3 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Your kids are so darling! Isn't it fun to see them do their first talk in Primary? I love it!

crystal said...

Callie has funny reactions to the grass too!

The Wessman Family said...

Funny about the grass. That is how Abby was about sand until she got used to it.