Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Funnies

I have pictures of this to come later, but in hopes of transitioning Darren to a toddler bed before baby comes, I bought a cute little Thomas the Train set at Wal-Mart last night and we put it on his toddler bed this morning. Darren's reaction was so cute, eyes wide and mouth open in disbelief. He ran to the bed and climbed on it and stayed there for awhile. Anyway, we were gone all day today so he didn't have a nap but he was excited to see his bed again. He tried to take his pillow (also Thomas) outside and anywhere else with him. I was at Enrichment night but Rick said he went to sleep really well. In the last 2 hours I have been on the computer in my bedroom. Twice I've heard a huge thump followed by Darren crying. Yup, he fell off the toddler bed! I do not laugh at my children's pain usually but it was so funny. The first time I debated about putting him back in the crib until we could put the railing on but thought that he was doing such a great job that I didn't want to confuse him. So I put him down and tucked him in. The 2nd time, he waited for me to comfort him then climbed back on, pulled the quilt up and rolled over! That's how much this boy loves Thomas! It was so cute I had to chuckle. As a side note, Rick is going out to the garage to get the railing to put it on his bed tonight.

Tonight we went to eat dinner with my mom and grandma. We went to Del Taco (Tuesday is 3/$1.00 taco night.) I sat down at a table with Darren and the girls were like glue to their grandma. My mom grabbed my grandma's order and verified she had the right one by saying, "You got 3 hard tacos, right?" Annie started getting upset saying she wanted an easy one. Then we figured out she was thinking hard/easy versus hard/soft. She wanted an "easy" taco really meaning a soft taco! Too funny. I think we have a new way of referring to them now!

A couple weeks ago Carlyn walked right up to me at eye level with my stomach and said, "Mom you're getting fat!" I chuckled and said, "Thanks honey." She corrected herself by saying, "I don't mean that you are getting fat, but the baby is making your stomach fat." Silly girl, as if that makes it a whole lot better!

This wasn't so much funny as cute, but I went to get Darren out of the crib this morning and he said, "No. Linney out." He wanted Carlyn to get him out. Too cute!

Kids! You gotta love them!

3 comments:

T-licious D-zire and C-hillins said...

Fun Thomas bed! :) Poor Darren rolling out of it!! :) Love the 'easy taco's' too lol As for your previous post about your fears.... we all have em. Honestly Bonny, if you look at all you do in a day, it's scary! lol but you do it, and do it well. So adding more might seem scary, but it'll be easier than it seems...it's only scary cuz it's unknown, but I have no doubt you'll adjust and it'll just be 'normal' to you soon :) Good luck with everything!

Katie said...

kids are the funniest! I like easy tacos as well. So will Darren share a room with the baby?

Nikkel said...

It's always funny to hear what they come up with! Good luck with the bed transition, I hope it goes well.