Thursday, May 28, 2009

Another Date

I like posts with pictures better, but I'm just not up for it. Sorry!

I had my date with Annie tonight. We tried to have some time together yesterday, but she fell asleep as we got to Wal-Mart. Oh well. Anyway, tonight we didn't do anything great but I hope it showed her that I love her and have a little time for just her. We went to the DI, then to the library (gotta take care of business.) I asked what she wanted to do next and she wanted ice cream from McDonald's. I gave her a few choices about what to do afterwards and she chose to take our ice creams to the park. So we did. We sat on the bench eating our cones. She hadn't eaten very much when she said, "I'd really like to go play with those other kids, but that's okay," and licked her cone. I smiled and said, "Why don't you go play. You're done with your ice cream anyway aren't you?" She grinned and practically threw her cone at me as she ran off to play. I felt a tiny bit bad until I realized that after everything she did she'd look at me to wave or make sure I was watching her. Even though it wasn't super close or special, she knew I was there just for her and that was the point. I loved the huge smile on her little face.

3 comments:

Squirefam said...

Such a great idea to have one on one time. You surely have cute kids to spend time with too! We are excited to find out what new little spirit is waiting to come join them. Thanks for not minding the dance recital being moved back to the sixth. I promise that we will clap extra loud.

Debbie said...

It's such a great thing to have one on one time with the kids. We really need to do it more often. I hope you are doing well. I'm thinking about you a lot and waiting to hear the good news!

Melanie H. said...

Bonny,
I was so happy to find your blog. Congratulations on your soon to be new addition.

We are so happy for you. We think of all of you often!
Love the Hoggans