Monday, April 4, 2011

Weight Loss

The first week of January I started a 90 day challenge with my friend Barbara.  She is a lifecoach and consultant for Beachbody (hope I said that right, Barbara.)  Anyway, we aren't quite done, but we're starting another round of 90 days.  Last year I just wasn't ready to lose weight, even though I needed to.  I got my hair cut just after the new year and I looked in the mirror and told myself it was time.  I could do it and I couldn't wait any longer.  I started off gung ho and did really well.  I have continued to do well, but my metabolism slowed after awhile and then we got sick.  I've lost almost 20 pounds in the weeks in about 10 weeks and I'm feeling really good about that.  I'm down 2 pants sizes and I think another very soon.  I had a hard time exercising very well for awhile because I've had lots of headaches, but even if I just do easy exercising, it is better than what I did before.  If I was really brave, I'd post a picture of my in short and a sports bra, but I don't know that I am. lol!  Anyway, I love that I have friends and family who support me in this.  The best reward is honestly feeling better but the absolute best is when my kiddies say, "Mom, can I have an apple?" or something like that instead of asking for a treat!  :)  That's the best!

1 comment:

Recksieks said...

You are amazing! Keep up the good work! I LOVE when my kids ask for something healthy too. Its makes me feel like a good mom. Great job on the weight loss!